Iron supplement for aquatic plants.
Iron is essential to plants to produce chlorophyll, a pigment in plants that gives them their green or red color and that absorbs the light necessary for photosynthesis.
Iron is already included in Giovanni’s Trace+ but additional supplement will be needed in case the tank is heavily planted. In addition, this product is excellent for new aquariums as it will enhance the colonization of beneficial bacteria in the filter. Iron+ contains chelated iron that is stable at a pH range of 4 to 8. The recommended level of iron in planted aquaria should be between 0.5 and 1 mg/l.
The recommended quantities are 1ml per day per 100l or 1ml per week for every 10 liters of water, but these are indicative values only. Actual dosing will depend on many factors, like amount and plant species. For best results, we advise using the product in combination with Giovanni’s Plant Nutrition Fertil+ and Trace+.
- Contains chelated iron which is extremely soluble in water and has been stabilized to avoid oxidation.
- Prevents cholorosis, a yellowing or whitening of plant leaves and stems. Stimulates the development of new stems.
- Enhances the green and red coloration of the aquatic plants.
- Speeds up the start up phase of new aquariums.
- Ideal product for heavily planted aquaria.
1026025, Iron+, bottle of 125ml
Did you know?
Carbondioxide and water under influence of light produces sugars and oxygen.
Could be used for these groups of fish
You can also find this product in these categories: